Whirlwind
Wow... There is so much stuff going on this week. Barefoot in the Park opens this weekend... Thought it would never get here, now I can't believe that it is. It's been a fabulous experience with great people. It's truly a show I've grown throughout. It's been crazy busy.
I'm so used to living so fast paced that adjusting to some down time after we open will be a switch. While the rest is probably needed, especially before summer shows begin, it also gives that time where my mind will start overworking again.
Isn't it amazing how a thought can consume your mind even though you know there is nothing you can do about it? While logically you know how things will turn out, what the outcome is, or whether or not you can effect it, your mind still decides that it needs to keep thinking about it. Is it simply to drive yourself slowly insane... or is it because you haven't grasped everything out of it that you need to or are supposed to? In the end, you just need to take it one day at a time and see where it leads.
I was talking with someone yesterday and they made a fabulous remark about how you can't worry about what will happen four days from now because then you miss today. Isn't that great? I am one that will be consumed with thought that my days will just pass by. I think about it now... how many things did I miss out on because my mind was thinking about what I couldn't predict? While we always say we need to live and enjoy the moment, we rarely ever do.
But, that is my goal this week. My goal is to not think about tomorrow, but think about today. Not think about an hour from now, but think about this moment. Granted there are some things that will require thought beforehand, but in the grand scheme of things.... whether I think about it or not, whatever is supposed to happen will still happen. So, I chose to just let it happen and enjoy it when it does.
Ahhh, it really does decrease stress levels too. Hmmm, the things you learn from the people you're around. Every once in awhile they will say something that sticks with you........ just kidding you all know I love you.
Much love,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home