Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time for a Change

"Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you'll be forever in the control of things you can't give up."
— Andy Law

Someone recently said to me that I don't appear as happy as I once was. I tried to deny it, but in all actuality it's probably true. Don't get me wrong, not that I'm depressed or miserable, or have the flat out "nothing in life is good" mentality. Just that little things have built up along the way and rather than complaining about them, it's time to either change how I see them or change what I can do about it. It's that moment in time that you begin to evaluate that around you. We all have dreams and aspirations... but how many of us actually take that risky step to pursue them? We may "work" towards them, but as we work we inevitably just keep pushing them back and back. We get in our comfort zones and get content, then dread to move towards the unknown. Even when you know that your time is through with what your doing or where you are. You just struggle to take that step.

I can honestly say that I have no qualms with my boyfriend, my friends, or my acting as of right now. As a matter of fact all of those things are blessings to the fullest. I have recently decided, however, that one thing that has contributed to my slight unhappiness is my job. I have known for awhile that I have basically done all I can in the position that I have. Yet, I cannot move on until I get my LISW. So, yes that is something that I have put off, but something I will no longer. I figure no matter how much anxiety I have about taking this exam, it will be more welcomed than the anxiety and frustration I have every day at work. So, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue studying for my exam and take is soon.

I try hard not to let those things that are bothering me overflow into the things that I am happy with. But, we are all human and we all struggle to let things go. Change is hard. But it is inevitable. It is needed. And it is in the end, growth, happiness, and NEEDED. Yes I know I already said that, but hey it's true. Believe me, in the end it will be worth. No matter how hard it is at first, pursuing what you want, what you really want will in the end help you be the happiest you can be. No deadlines. No agendas. No he said, she said. Just you. Just you pursuing you. So, dig deep and be true to yourself about what you really want inside. If you always have that nagging thing you can't put your finger on. If you are never pleased with going to work or doing something else. What is it that you've always dreamed about doing. Maybe your dream is that nagging thing saying "Don't ignore me, pursue me!"

"Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present
are certain to miss the future."
—John F. Kennedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home