Unwritten
So, while driving to work this morning I heard this incredible song on the radio. It's one of those songs that as you're listening just really touches where you're at. It goes along with the T.S. Elliot quote I had in a previous post, What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. So I hope that while reading the lyrics of this song it touches a chord in you. It's also interesting because it can really relate to my Religion post from yesterday.
I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
Oh, oh, oh
I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
The song really touched me in the moment, hey now no dirty thoughts inserted here please, Shannon or Damon!!
Anyways, on a lighter note. I just got my braces off so yesterday I had to start the whole retainer process. My ortho says that because my teeth were really messed up that I should wear them almost religiously for a year (funny play on words huh?). Anyhow, so I had to ride the bus this morning and one of the kids would not sit down, so with my retainers and all I say, "If you shon't shit down, I'm gonna shrow you off sha bus." At that moment in time all the kids stop and look at me and then begin laughing, of course inserting their own little lisps here and there. It was quite humorous. Anyhow, that's life. I must go and try to make some insignificant change in the kids I work with by facilitating my groups. So TA TA for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home