Opportunity A Knockin'
I hope all is well with you... I have lost touch with some of you, but I hope you are fairing well.
So this past weekend I auditioned for the Face of Fox Toledo competition. It was very interesting. I observed a variety of people, a lot of attractive people. It was a little nerve racking. The first part of the audition was where I had to tell them about myself, show them my personality, and all those kind of questions. The second part of the audition was where I actually had to perform six commercial spots. It was a great experience. Since I want to pursue film and TV, I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to try my hand at it. So when I was finished they told me they would contact the top ten people within the next week.
Never did I expect Monday afternoon to receive a call congratulating me for making the top eleven and moving on to round two of auditions. I am so excited, this is one step closer of me actually doing what I really want to do. So, I have my next audition Friday morning at the channel 36 station to do some commercial spots in front of the green screen. I've never even seen a green screen. So, I will continue to show them my personality and style... which my the way they complimented my outfit... which I have been told my style is pretty east coast... it's just me. So if anyone has any advice or tips for me they would be greatly appreciated.
The most exciting part of all this is that if I win I will receive a one year job contract... yes, that means that I will quit Mayfair... yeah!!! Now I know that the job will only be for a year, but I believe maybe it's just what I need to push me forward to make that move to Chicago or New York or wherever it is I want to move to pursue a career in film and tv. It's a little scarey. I mean I actually did something that pushes me towards my dream. I never expected to make the top ten. But to know that they chose me out of the about eighty people that auditioned tells me that I actually can have a shot. If given the opportunity for this job, my whole life will change... for the better. I have for once put action to my dreams... and it actually worked in my favor. Hoorah! for me.
I must sign off now, I hope all is well on your end of the blog.
Bubbles,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home