End of One Thing.... On To Something New
Well, the run of Barefoot in the Park, is almost over. I have put a lot into this show and will be sad to see it close. It's definitely my favorite thus far. The cast is incredible. It has been so easy working with this bunch. We've had our moments on stage and off stage. I will be sad.
Just a quick recap of the run... We have had good sized houses almost every night, last weekend they had to turn people away. Everyone has done a really incredible job not dropping lines, or covering for those that were. There's been kinichi dropping in the wrong places, doors (and people) getting caught in the doors, martini glasses breaking, donuts dropped and stepped on, door buzzers not buzzing, phones not ringing.... but the kicker of them all was... let me set it up the right way.
In the beginning of Act II my leading man and I are discussing how we could make my mother more appealing to the crazy nut that lives upstairs. After throwing out actress, fashion designer, and mystery writer... mother arrives. Before her entrance my leading man moves to the door to buzz her in, at which point I follow to stop him. I pull on his arm and pull him back... mind you there has been no problems thus far in the run... as I pull him back he steps on my foot and the only place I could go was down. That's right ladies and gentleman... I fell on my butt in front of a full house. I delivered my line on the way down and then sat there stunned... my leading man then says "Get up hon!" We have a moment of laughter and then the audience applauded. I was applauded for falling on my rump. We then continued with the scene. It was a classic moment and one of the reasons why I love live theater. I will definitely be sad.
Great news...... the last show I was in Wally's Cafe... is being entered into an Ohio Acting Competition. It will take place in June, so I need to refresh my lines on that. I've never been to a competition, so I'm looking forward to it.
As far as other things are going.... there is light at the end of the tunnel, right? It gets worse before better, right? You aren't given more than you can handle, right? Well, I guess we will see. Some things have been brought to light and the conclusion to it all has yet to be seen. I often find myself staring into space. Others have told me that I have had attitude lately. Others have sad not to let anything steal my smile. Well it's all true... and I'm working on it all. I just pray that it all works out how it is supposed to and I keep learning from my experiences. That's what they're for right? That's all I can say for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home