Friday, June 30, 2006

a Lil UpdatE

How is everything? I hope all is well.

Just thought I would give a quick update about stuff going on with me. Probably because sometime in the future I will want to remember myself, and right now my short term memory needs an adjustment.

Anyhow, Anything Goes opens next Friday. EEK! It's going well. We are ahead of schedule and I believe I have the dances. I just have to work the arms on one part of the tap dance number. Never thought I could be so coordinated. We have tonight off, but starting tomorrow we're in the for the long haul. Then I will be able to shift gears to being Fruma Sarah in Fiddler.

So what will i do next as far as shows are concerned? I really don't know. There are Sly Fox auditions that will be coming up shortly, but I'm not sure. I have been given the opportunity to stage manage a show in Tecumseh, Lil Abner. It's very rare that you asked this without any previous stage managing experience. True, I've stage managed church productions, but community theater is more intense. With this opportunity I will learn another side of theater, and increase my versatility as an actor. But, then the actor in me really wants to do another show. I've gone from show to show to show since last summer. I still need to take my licensure exam. Maybe if I stage manage I will be able to put my focus on that and remembering all the social work stuff I need to, rather than trying to memorize a show. I really tried to study for my exam while doing Barefoot in the Park, but I stressed myself out so bad that I really think part of my brain fried. So, I focused on the show and put my exam off. But I really need to take this exam.

Now, Wednesday night was a night that I will remember for a long time. Ah, just thinking about it now puts a smile on my face. That's right folks. I went and saw Michael Buble. Ahhh, that man. I tell you there is something about his voice that just sends shivers down my spine. Not only does he sing to make women swoon, but he is funny! He actually jumped off the stage and ran through the crowd up to the balcony so that way those of us up there could get a better view of him (wink wink). Yes, I know I'm a dork. But he's on of my five. And how often do you actually come within arms length of one of your five? He did make this comment however, pretty tacky, he said that he and his band are really there for the guys. That their job is to put some air in the tire and then the guys can go home and ride the bike all night long. Yes, that's right, the bike meaning the women in the house. Hmmm, I guess only a guy would appreciate that comment. It was a fabulous night though. I would definetly go and see that man again. He has such great stage presence, which is a lot for us in the theater world.

Well, I believe I have rambled on. I look forward to hearing from those of you who have been silent. Hope everything is going good.

Bubbles,

1 Comments:

Blogger Korinne King said...

We were there too... Sweet concert, wasn't it? He does a very nice job of entertaining.

We were on the main floor, Row EE.

See you at practice sometime, good luck with Anything Goes.

Korinne
rinner.blogspot.com

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home