Comedians All Around
So, I hope your day has been going well. Sorry I've been rather silent this week, it's been crazy busy at work with programming starting. Besides, I really wasn't saying anything much anyway, just mostly venting.
As you know, kids are unpredictable. You never really know what they will do or say. I'm working with younger kids this summer, which is a fresh change from the teenagers I usually deal with. There has been some funny moments and some throat strangling moments (not literally people, geesh I wouldn't hurt any of them.... too bad, hehehehehe).
Anyhow, part of my job is driving. And if you know me you know that the one thing I like to do while driving is sing. Of course, what else is there to do. Well, today while driving I was following behind a van and the van suddenly turned to the left to avoid a car that had pulled over to the right. Well, I had to do the same thing, because I as well did not see the car. The response from the kid sitting next to me, "Well, like you said you can't multi-task." Hahahaha. He then continues to give a play by play of some of his experiences while riding with me. He's a comedian. I'm sure that he will have his comedic nature throughout the summer. Which is great, driving can get boring. But, again I shall be the reason for the jokes. It's okay I'm used to it. There's nothing greater than seeing people laugh, especially kids who come from rough places.
Wally's Cafe went to competition last Saturday. OCTA was an interesting experience. I don't think it was our best performance, but I will tell you this, it was definitely better than some of the stuff I saw. However, the judges, well let's just say you could tell who their favorites were. The only note I received was that one judge said she thought I could have been a little more ditzy. Most of our notes were on directing stuff, blocking, set... Derek one a merit award for acting though so kudos to him.
Fiddler on the Roof is going. I went to my second rehearsal Wednesday night and ran through my song twice with everyone. The director's response..."You rock as Fruma Sarah... It's going to be the show stealer." It's nice to hear that. I'm still a little hesitant to make a judgment call on how great the show will be. We will see... I'm sure it will come together. I am optimistic.
Anything Goes is no joke. That tap dancing. But, I will tell you that last night I actually finished the sequence straight through. I was so proud of myself. It's a fun show and funny at that. There are really great actors in the show. The director is fabulous and the choreographer is great. It should be a great show.
Well, I must sign off because I just found out that my group is going swimming... news to me. Ah, communication is a beautiful thing. I hope all is going well with you and you have a great weekend.
Bubbles,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home